GiftPax Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 104/181 St Kilda Road
St Kilda, VICTORIA 3182
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The types of personal information collected and held by us will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- associated company name(s), position, occupation and other business details;
- electronic address(es);
- credit card details;
- transaction details relating to your use or purchase or redemption of our products, services or benefits;
- details of your purchasing preferences and any other details which may be requested;
- your date of birth where required (for example, to comply with age restrictions);
- automatic data collection of your unique device identifier, web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request.
We will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party. GiftPax allows anonymity and pseudonymity where reasonable, in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 2.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into, finalise payment of a product or service you have ordered, make delivery of a product you have ordered, validate your entry in a promotion, or otherwise provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- automatically through use of “cookies”;
- when you submit information in person to us or a third party;
- when you submit information online about yourself or a third party with their consent through any of our websites;
- when you submit information online about yourself or a third party with their consent through third party links to our website ;
- in the course of recruitment;
- when you enter into a promotion or competition conducted by us or a third party;
- when you complete a survey by us or a third party;
- in the course of us providing you with a gift card, voucher, coupon or other requested product, service or benefit; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
We collect personal information:
- through parties who work with us to run promotional activities; and
- through third parties who supply promotional, marketing, fund-raising and other services to us and parties that we work with.
WHY WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information for the following purposes to:
- establish and maintain your relationship with us, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law, such as to government authorities and agencies) and providing you with information necessary to allow you to remain in contact with us;
- provide the products or services you have requested from us and keep a record of them;
- answer any inquiry you make;
- register you for events or promotions;
- conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience;
- assist us to make our services and products more valuable or useful to you; or
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways where permitted by law.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as redemption partners, manufacturers and suppliers, service providers, couriers and delivery contractors, marketing consultants and promotions companies, website hosts, and consultants and professional advisers.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
- non-profit and sporting clubs and organisations which work with us (“NPOs”); and
- third party providers who work with us or provide services to us or NPOs (“Third Parties”).
The direct marketing may relate to our products and services, the products and services of the NPOs or Third Parties, making a donation to a NPO, becoming a member of a NPO, promotions run by us or NPOs or Third Parties or to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
If you don’t want to receive direct marketing, you can ask us not to contact you and not to disclose your information to others for that purpose, by contacting our Privacy Officer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the address detailed below without charge:
GiftPax Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 104/181 St Kilda Road
St Kilda, VICTORIA 3182
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with NPOs, Third Parties or others – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where we use secure socket layer technology (SSL) to ensure information (such as credit card information) is securely transmitted and processed, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
DO WE SEND PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
From time to time we may send your information overseas, to NPOs, Third Parties, service providers or other third parties who operate or hold data outside Australia. Where we do this, we make sure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer by email or at the address detailed below.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on any of our websites that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance. This does not normally contain any personal information.
If you are using a mobile device to access our website, our website uses the anonymous identifier to track user traffic patterns. The anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available.
HOW TO CONTACT US OR MAKE A COMPLAINT?
Attention: Compliance Department
Suite 104/181 St Kilda Road, St Kilda, VICTORIA 3182
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information. Complaints will be investigated by the Company Secretary and a response will be provided within 30 days.
If you wish to you can complain about interferences with your privacy to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Their contact details are:
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666